30 days of thanks--day 15

Today I'm thankful for the weekend we had.  My hubby came home on Saturday from a week long hunting trip.  It's good to have him back home. 
Saturday morn, I headed out to the grocery store and found a yard sale on my way.  Found this cabinet for my daughter.  They were asking $35 but it has a crack on the inside of the top cabinet, so they went down to $25 on it!!  I wish I had room for it in my kitchen but I dont'.  She doesnt' have much cabinet space and will have less becuase they are putting in a dish washer.  So this will help her out. 
I'm thankful for the deals I found at the grocery store and CVS.  I trying to learn how to play that game of the CVS extra bucks.  I was able to save quite abit on some things. 
I'm thankful for the service we had at church yesterday.  Thankful for the 2 preachers who have been filling in for us while we were without a pastor.  We had a meal for them yesterday.  Next Sunday our new pastor and his family will be with us.  I'm looking forward to what God has in store for our little church. 

Woke this morning with lots of negative thoughts about myself and my life.  I'm thankful that God is still with me and I can go to His Word and get refreshed. 
I read Ps. 3 this morning and it was exactly what I needed. The "they" in this scripture for me is all the negative thoughts that were rising against' me this morning. 

Psalm 3

 1Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
 2Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
 3But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Comments

Queen of France said…
That is a lovely cabinet!!! great find.

Found your blog through Debras....first time reader. Thank you for the thankful bits..i really needed that today!

laura

Popular Posts