Monday morning skies

I woke this morning and noticed a redish glow coming in the windows.  I knew that there were red skies. 

In front of my house the sky was clear except for this little cloud and a few streaks from jets. 





                           But behind the house? 
This is what it looked like~~            
Absolutely beautiful!! 




I thought of the saying "Red skies in the morning, sailors warning".  There is scripture in Matt 16
1The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 3And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed

I found this site that explains the whys of it. 

"Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning.
A red sunrise reflects the dust particles of a system that has just passed from the west. This indicates that a storm system may be moving to the east. If the morning sky is a deep fiery red, it means a high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain is on its way."

I looked at the weather forecast and we are suppose to get some ice by Tuesday morning.  Thankfully it's doesn't look like it's going to be too bad or stay around too long.

~~til later

Comments

Jennifer said…
The skies here never cease to amaze me! I've taken some pics of the pink clouds I've seen here and I think my friends back home think I photo-shopped them. Ha Ha! I've seen some beautiful sunrises and sunsets back in Mi, but never the pinkish-red and purple ones I see so often here.

Popular Posts