Fall has arrived!





I am loving this weather!  As you can see from the picture, some of the trees and foliage are already starting to turn. I'm hoping we have a good color season this year.  The temps are beginning to cool down. There is just that feeling in the air.  Soon my husband will be busy trying to keep up with the leaves that fall in our yard.

We spent a few days last week with my daughter and her husband in TN.  Her due date is just around the corner! We will be making that trip again soon.

I got several good suggestions on my last post as to what I should do.  I have decided to do some volunteering.  I begin next week at a free medical clinic in town!  I'm really excited about this.  This will not only allow me to gain experience in what I'm going to school for but also will allow me to help others.  This clinic is ran by a Christian organization that has several different ministries, including a women's and children's shelter. I will be working one evening a week there.  Not sure yet what the extent of my administrative duties will be there. 
This is going to take me out of my comfort zone, that is for sure! 

I've been thinking of fried potatoes, cooked apples, fried apple pies, sweet breads, soups and stews. Oh! And pumpkin. I looked for canned pumpkin in the store the other day and found none. I wonder if there is a "shortage" on pumpkins again this year. I may just have to make a trip to the farmers market and get one or two to cook and put in the freezer. I love pumpkin oatmeal! I just put my oatmeal in the pan to cook, usually just one or two servings, add a third cup or so of pumpkin, sprinkle of cinnamon (you can add pumpkin pie spice if you have it), some raisins. Cook, then add some brown sugar and walnuts before eating. Yum!!  and so filling. 

What is your favorite fall food? Please share the recipe.
~~til later


Comments

trump said…
I thought id stop by your blog and say hello. And i hope your enjoying the beautiful fall weather that has begun. Richard from Amish Stories.
Paula said…
Ooooh~ my favorite fall foods are molasses cookies, sweet potato pie and a big ol' pot of chili! Now you've got me hungry... :)

I'm loving this weather too... especially these bluebird sunny days we've had this week.
Good luck on the new "job"... sometimes it's good to get out of your comfort zone!

Popular Posts