Quilt clubs, knit clubs, mysteries

Lately I've been reading alot of mysteries and most of them have evolved around either quilting or knitting.  Debbie Macomber, Clare O'Donahue,  Jennifer Chiaverini, and there's another, I can't remember the author.  There is a 'club' in all of them that meet once a week and work on projects, talk, eat, fellowship, become friends and help each other thru thick and thin.  Would that not be fun!?!? I would love to be a part of something like that.  Not sure if it is becuase I'm reaching middle age, empty nest, hor(ror)mones or just general unease and discontent but I seem to be longing to be a part of 'something' lately.  It really doesn't have to be knitting or quilting, maybe it could be a group of ladies who come together to work on projects for charity.  I don't know. 

Seems all I do lately is school work.  I'm overwhelmed with it.  I know I 'chose' to bring that into my life's madness but I also know that in the end there will be a reward for it. Not sure where it will lead me but I'm excited about it. 

Is this what they call 'midlife crisis'?

So. What are any of you in a group like this?  Charity? Volunteer? 

I need an outlet.  I need a 'break'. Any suggestion?

Comments

Jeannie B. said…
Yes, I have a group of ladies who sew together. I love it. You can start with one other and grow it. Also, Threads of Love is an organization that makes Premie garments for babies who are born sick or premature. They are all over the country and there might be one near you. You can also do it on your own. There might be a group of ladies in a nearby Church that gets together to work on things for people that are down on their luck. Church's are a good source for lots of things. And Smocking Arts Guild of America. They even have an online group. I know what you mean about getting together with others. It is fun and meaningful. I love the Debbie M books too! Good luck in your search.
Hang in there.........you are just super busy and have so much on your plate. Slow down and enjoy! I live so far out away from town that I am not involved with any groups. And the towns that exist are so small that there aren't any groups. Enjoy what you decide to do. Blessings, Kathleen

Popular Posts