Hope!

I have to be honest and say that I want a New Year redo!
This year so far sucks!!  And I don't use that term very often.
But I'm just being honest.

My new year started out with a colonoscopy-I had one 4 yrs ago, precancerous polyps were removed
so have to have a recheck every 3-5 yrs.
No polyps this time but there was a suspicious area that the MD biopsied. I get a letter this week that
it was in fact a precancerous polyp and I will need to have another colonoscopy in 6 months to remove that area from my colon.

My mother has been back and forth between the hospital and health care facility since November.
It has been tough!  She passed away on January 5th  Even tho we knew her heart was failing, it was rather a shock that she passed away so soon.  I think I'm doing pretty good but then it hits me, she's no longer here on this earth, I can't call her while I'm cooking supper and talk to her, I can't go see her. I just plain miss my momma!

This week has been a rough one. I contracted a virus while at the ER with my mom on the 3rd. I thought it was either the flu or strep, went to MD last Tuesday, both were negative.
I have never had throat pain as I've had this week!  I went back to the MD last evening and turns out I have a type of the Coxsackievirus-the type that attaches itself to your throat.  Nothing on my hands, feet or inside of my mouth--just my throat.  Thankfully I'm on the end of it. MD gave me a prescript for Lidocaine that I'm suppose to gargle with.  Have you ever tried to gargle a tsp of thick syrupy, nasty tasting stuff?  It's not easy.  My mouth and the front part of my tonsils were numb but it didnt' touch where it hurt the worst.  So I finally got some on a Qtip and swabbed it on there.  It did help, does feel some better this morning but I ain't over it yet! 
I'm going to get some Benedryl and Maalox today to make that Magic Mouthwash! Equal parts mixed together.  I think I can do a bit better with that.

I know this post has been rather negative--there have been some good things this yr, it's just hard right now to see them clearly. 

I'm holding on to the HOPE that I have that. That is what has gotten me from one day to the next.

HOPE is my word of the year. 
What is hope?  To trust in, wait for, look for or desire something or someone or to expect something beneficial in the future.



~~til later


Comments

Popular Posts