I'm still here!!

I think. Whew! I tell ya, for some reason this working is getting the best of me. Seems between it and the sickness going around, The holiday season, I can't seem to get a hold on things.

I've been at my job for 3 months now! I do enjoy it, it is a good place to work, good people, good company to work for.

Christmas was great! Our son stayed Christmas Eve with us. I asked him to. Being new to this empty nest thing, I did not want to wake up Christmas morning just the hubby and I. Our daugher and her little family came in the day after and stayed til New Years Day. Poor hubby came down with the flu the day after they got here, so they took the little one and stayed at hubby's moms house the rest of the time. I felt so bad for him. I know he felt bad that they had to do that. But we were able to get together the last couple days with them. Hubby still has a nagging cough from it.

One of the things on my Christmas list was a knitting class. I know the basics of knitting but would like to gain more experience in it and to learn more of the different stitches, how to cast off, etc. I received a gift card so I signed up for a knitting class at a local yarn shop. It started yesterday and I think I was bitten by the knitting bug! We are making a cowl out of this Wendy Knits Lace.  I'm making mine twice as round, it just seemed that it would be too tight around my neck. The yarn Im using is Malabrigo Silky Merino. It is so soft! I'm loving how it is working up too.
If I can only get the hang of the YO, SSK and K2TOG.

We've not had much winter to speak of so far, little to no snow, we did have an ice storm, thankfully our power stayed on. I would love to see a good snow.

So I've been thinking about a 'bucket' list. I'm reading Debbie Macomber's "Twenty Wishes". A group of ladies are encouraged to make a list of twenty things they want and then decide on how to get it accomplished. Knitting is on my list, I've got that going. Another thing is to ride in a hotair balloon. Plans are being made to do that later this year. My daughter, sil and son are going with me. Hubby is terrified of heights.  There is a hotair balloon company here local. I'm excited about it!

So if you had a list what would be on it?

~~til later

Comments

My Vintage Life said…
Hope that sickness soon leaves you and your family! So good that you enjoy your job. Knitting is such a rewarding thing to learn! Hot air ballooning sounds like fun!
It's hard when you have an empty nest on the holidays. So wondeful that you are learning to knit. I love the 20 thing list. Can't wait to see a post about your hot air balloon adventure some day!
Hi, just wanted to see how you are doing. Hope all is well.

Popular Posts