Hi, everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Are you making any New Years Eve plans? I'll probly be doing what I usually do--sleeping!!

Alot happened this past week. I won't go into all the details but will say that we definityl know now that there is nothing wrong with dh's heart. Thank You, Lord!! The er dr said he felt it was either stomach or gallbladder and that dh was having anxiety attacks. So, we are waiting now to hear from the gastro dr and praying that the appt won't be 3 mo. down the road.

ur daughter and sil inlaw came in over the weekend, unplanned but she was worried about her daddy. It was so good to see them.

Dh got me a camera for Christmas. I'm still trying to figure it out. I know I'm going to have fun using it tho.

Do any of you know anything about this little lady?

You can click on the picture to make it bigger. Here is the box she came in.






I'm searched online but can't find anything about her.
Well, I'm off. I'm taking our tree down today. It's getting droopy and I'm afriad to turn the lights on on it.
~~til later

Comments

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. I love the name of your blog and your profile photo. Is it your home?

HappY new year!
So glad to hear your hubby is ok!

The doll looks like one my sister had in the 50's but I don't know anything about her either! Sorry about that!

Cora
What a cute doll, but I don't know any thing about her. Have a blessed new year! blessings, Kathleen
Anonymous said…
I found this link on yahoo that makes reference to this kind of doll. Sounds like it might have been in San Francisco at one time. I would also check any toy collector sites or books. Hope this helps!

http://www.sfgenealogy.com/sf/history/m2001b.htm
Unknown said…
http://www.dollstringing.com/2008/09/note-on-winnie-walkers-and-binnie.html
I looked on the internet and that is the one I found that was not on e-bay. These people may be able to help you out.
Anonymous said…
Hi everyone! Patty just emailed me and sent me the link to this post. Thanks for the vote of confidence from "Writer." :o) The Winnie Walkers post mentioned is on Madame Alexander Winnie and Binnie Walkers, which this doll is not.

As I told Patty, this doll is one of many knock-off dolls from the early to mid 1950s. There were many of these dolls, and several of the molds were shared between companies, so you'll see this face fairly frequently (and with many different names) if you search the hard plastics section on eBay.

Unfortunately, these were small companies that sold less expensive competitors to the high-end dolls, so most of their names were unimportant -- and unremembered, unless by chance a box or a wrist tag survived, as in this case. Although it may not seem like it, Patty actually knows quite a bit about this doll, simply by having the box -- something that is hard to come by.

This doll isn't worth as much as the high-end dolls, but she is a treasure in her own right because of that box. Take good care of her, Patty!

Popular Posts