First Monday of '09

It is a beautiful day! Almost 60*, chance of rain. Everything is so still, makes you want to whisper. I love being home of the days when it is quiet-no tv, no radio, only the sound of the dryer humming. It's so soothing to my soul.

Not sure if anyone caught the post I sent thru yesterday. Well, I deleted it. Although it was definitly real, it was not something I should have posted on the world wide web.

Saturday my little boy turned 18 yo!
Whew! I dont' even know how I feel about that.


I and 3 of my coworkers are joining in on the "Lighten Up 4 Life" thing our local hospital is doing. We weigh in once a week. It goes thru June and the winner(s) get some good prizes. I definitely need the motivation and the "team spirit" to do this.

I'm not getting any younger and I'm tired of my body feeling older than it is.

I am keeping track of what I eat, etc., on SparkPeople.com.

Not sure that I'm going to use any one "plan" but I am going to limit carbs and sweets, eat whole grain breads, drink more water (need to get another filter for my water pitcher), eat more veggies and fruits, more protein.

Start some sort of exercise.


~~til later

Comments

Barb Davis said…
This sounds like a good plan. I need to start a diet immediately. I eat much of the wrong things and I'm sure I'll pay for it one of these days.
Edie said…
That's pretty close to the plan I had when I got serious about losing some weight and it turned out to be the best thing for me. It changed my eating habits for good. I've faltered a bit due to the sweets all over last month but getting back on track again.

Best wishes to you.
Terri Tiffany said…
Happy New Year and congrats on having your son turn 18! It is a great accomplishment and you should feel awesome!
Anonymous said…
Some friends and I have started our own "biggest loser" group for motivation!! Best of luck on your getting healthy plan!

You son is a handsome young man!
Anonymous said…
I know what you mean about wanting to whisper when the days are so still.

Congrats to your son turning 18! What a huge milestone for you both!
18 years old...can you believe how fast time goes by? Happy birthday to your son! I hope your plan goes well. It is so hard for me to avoid bread! Blessings, Kathleen

Popular Posts