Brr!! It is a cold, windy day here. Not the -0 weather that some parts of the states are having, thankfully.

So much for posting more often. Just cant' seem to get myself together.
Only a couple weeks til Christmas! I have the tree up since Thanksgiving. So many memories on that tree. It's not the tree one would find in a magazine or department store, where everything coordinates but I love my tree. I have the other stuff still in boxes, waiting patiently and in the way til I can get it out.
Last Sunday night at church we had a wonderful 'singing' service. Different ones in the church sang different Christmas songs. One lady signed to Third Days new Christmas song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyBEk_R2aQ. After the singing, we were asked to share a favorite Christmas memory.
The one that comes first to my mind is when I was about 5 or so. My mom sewed for the public, had a sewing room and she was spending alot of time in there and wouldn't let my sister (4 yrs older than I) in there with her, which was unusual. My dad was a carpenter and he wouldn't let us into his workshop, which, again was unusual. On Christmas morn we woke to find that they had been working on a doll and crib for us. Mom had made each of us a doll, mine had yellow yarn hair, in braids. There were pjs, a dress w/ pinafore and a flannel night gown. The crib, complete with rails, was painted blue and mine had a lamb decopauged on the headboard of it. There was a mattress, a blanket, a pillow. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. I loved that doll. It's but a precious memory now.

Do you have a special Christmas memory you would like to share?

Comments

Your post just tugged at my heartstrings! What a lovely Christmas memory. My Mom once made me a doll with yellow briads and I loved that doll more than any store bought one. Your memory brought back that memory to me! Blessings,Kathleen
Debbie said…
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I enjoyed your post very much and have added your address to my dashboard. You live in one of my favorite areas. We used to visit there several times a year. Beautiful place.
Have a Merry Christmas
Debbie
VIOLETA said…
Hello from Romania ,
please read the blog – My heart His words – at Humbled and convicted , my friend Tammy Nischan wrote them the story and some pictures of some poors what we try to help them for Christmas .Our LORD will be so proud of us if we will do something!
I love you blog,
sweet blessings and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Violeta

Popular Posts