Wandering Wednesday


My thoughts are wandering/wondering all over the place this morning.  I really need to be washing dishes, finishing laundry, getting ready for work.  but here I sit.  I have cleaned out the refrig., had coffee, breakfast and meds, have a load of laundry in the dryer, looked over the bills, worked on the check book.  So, I havent' been completely lazy. 

Lots of things to wonder about this new yr.  Changes taking place, new adventures, new concerns. 
Here are a few of my wonderings.

Oh, but first!!  My son, my little boy, turned 20 yrs old on Jan. 3rd!!!!  How in the world did I get old enough to have a 20 yr old?!?!  He's my bud, makes me laugh, knows just how to get me riled, and enjoys doing it.  Still has alot of growing up to do but I know he'll get there.  Eventually.

What is on my mind right now~~

I'm starting classes on Jan 10th!  I'll be taking Medical Office Administration.  I'm so excited about learning a new career.  But at 46 yrs old, I'm a bit nervous about going back into the class room.  I have all these thoughts of high school, even grade school.  I did not have good school yrs.  In first grade, I cried most every day and the teacher, and class mates made fun of me.  This followed me all thru school.  I still have fears about this.  But I know that I'm older and no one can intimidate me unless I let them.

Keeping up with the homework, housework, family, pt job and myself is going to be a challenge.  I'm so scatter brained and it's hard to get things accomplished when your minds is going in a thousand different directions. I know there is Flyday but to be honest?  I get so tired of her emails.  And I rebel against them. 
The one thing that I really rebel against is the getting up, getting dressed to shoes thing.  I dont' know why I have such a hard time with this. So, that is one of my goals, even when I dont' have anywhere to go.  I need to be up and ready for the day. 
I'm sure this is so easy for some of you. 

Getting back into God's Word.  This really needs to be first on my list.  As a new yr starts, there is reflection on the past yr, on how you've lived or not lived it, what you've accomplished or not accomplished, etc. 
Thru my new adventure in school, the challenges it will bring, I need to keep this first. 

Well, enough wandering for now.  On to meet the day.

~~til later

Comments

Tipper said…
Yay for you!! You'll do fine at school-just wait and see : )
Bless your heart! I know how you feel! However, you will do just fine, because you are leaning on His word, just like that saying goes...."if God be for you, who can be against you?" Good luck and enjoy the journey! blessings,Kathleen
Karen Twombly said…
Patty, I think you'll be surprised at how well you do in school. :) I can't wait to hear all about your new journey! :)
Paula said…
It sounds like you have some big changes coming, Miss Patty! I would be intimidated at starting school... you are so brave! Just hang in there- I know you'll do just fine!
Happy Birthday to your "little boy"!

Popular Posts