The season has begun

It has came up on us fast this year. I'm starting to enjoy the 'sounds of the season'. Actually looking forward to decorating. I'll probly start that the week after Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I have a wild turkey in the refrigerator, thawing. It is a couple years old but I've read several places that, even tho it will have lost some of it's quality it will still be good. So I'm going with that! I'm going to try brining this year. I've found several recipes for brine online and I saw Mario Batali on The Chew yesterday and he was brining a turkey. He had also had the turkey, the whole turkey, deboned! I looked online for a tuturial, maybe I'll try it with a chicken first. There are several tutorials on youtube. He then put the stuffing on, rolled it up, tied it with string and baked it.

Guess where I went this past Tuesday!?!? To see Mannheim Steamroller in concert!!  It was awesome! I had seen where they were going to be at the civic center, there was no way I could afford tickets. Our local tv station had a contest, so I entered mine and my son's info (who loves them too!) He called me at school the next week and said that someone from the tv station had called him and he had won two tickets to see them!!!  He didnt' even know I had entered his name. It was great! One of my favorites is "Silent Night" . If you click on it, it will take you to Youtube for the video. I enjoyed that time with my son, too.

Hopefully will get to see my grandson the week after Thanksgiving. They are coming here for Christmas! Looking forward to that!

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do you have a favorite must-have dish that you prepare? Mine is fruit salad. Mom always made this and it goes so well with turkey.

~~til later

Comments

I love "Streamrollers" music and I bet it was wonderful to hear them live! Have a fun visit with your new grandbaby! Yes, there is a special cake I fix every year. Have a happy Thanksgiving. blessings,Kathleen
Granny Sue said…
I'll be interested in hearing how your bird comes out--I've never tried brining but hear it's delicious. Our bird is still on the hoof--she'll meet her maker and our fridge tomorrow.
Came by through Tipper's blog :)
Paula said…
We will be with my family at my aunt's house on Thursday... I'm cooking a whole ham because we have about 35-40 people to feed. I'm just happy the holidays are almost here! I'm headed to youtube to watch the video....
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts