Sunday night/Monday morn

It's 10:30 pm and I'm still up. I'm hoping that if I go to bed later then I won't wake up at 3 or 4 am like I have been. I do that then it is hard to go back to sleep with my hubby snoring.
I've had a good weekend. I went to a children's annual consignment sale, found a few toys for the grandson for when he comes, which hopefully will be in a couple weeks. I went to the fabric store-well, two fabrics stores. Bought fabric at both. I tend to get so overwhelmed in those stores! So much to choose from.
 
I have finally decided on a quilt pattern It is found here.

I've been busy cutting the 2 1/2 in. strips.
I love this fabric! Looks like turkey tracks.
 
The main color will be a dark solid brown with some dark red thrown in here and there. I have lots of different scrap fabrics.
 
 
 
 
I've been looking into doing some freezer meal cooking. I've found several interesting websites. Found this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu. Very simple, easy. I'll just thaw these, make the sauce and put in the crockpot for supper one day.

Not too sure about this one. It is half a pork loin, made a mixture of brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and garlic, rub into meat, put in freezer, it marinates itself while it's thawing. I'm hopeing it won't be too sweet.
 I want to look into buying a Food Saver. It's so hard to get all the air out of freezer bags.
 

My fibro has decided to demand some attention. I've been hurting pretty bad this evening.
Wish I knew what, if anything, triggers it.

So, I'm off to bed, hope I can sleep.

~~til later

Comments

Food savers are wonderful! Hope you feel better soon! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Just dropped by to wish you a happy Thanksgiving!
Paula said…
I love the fabric... can't wait to see what the quilt looks like!
I've been wanting one of those Food Savers for a while now... maybe Santa will bring me one. :)
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts